August 8th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

August 8th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Nice weekend in North Carolina with a little heat and a little rain. One shoot over the weekend but no shoot report posted to comment on. Durham County shoots this Saturday and I hope you will be able to attend.

All eyes are on the Grand American and man what a bunch of great scores. Of course, oodles of 100’s and 200’s in singles and 100’s in caps and doubles. You best have your “A” game on hand when you step on the grounds. I did a little looking and it looks like Dennis Taylor is the first NC shooter to win at the Grand. I believe it was a “D” Class Runner-Up Doubles win in event 6. I did see Kenny Cox’s name on the leader board today in the handicap with a 95. Other than that, I haven’t seen any NC shooters on the board.

It looks like 21 NC shooters are registered from NC and I am sure more are arriving today with Greg High and Marty Hill on the grounds. The Galloways, Tim Davis and Mark Cox, Jim Hughes, Terry Roush, Greg High, Marty Hill, Kenny Cox, Dennis Taylor, Bob Schultz and not sure if Grand Andy Clayton made it or not.

All the fun starts Monday and I will try to stay on top of things and take some screen shots on NC shooters on the leader board. You can got to http://www.shootata.com and get the scores and a scoreboard that plays all day. I used a Kindle Sunday to look at the leader board all day.

Looking a little further into the month Rockingham hosts a BIG50 Tuesday August 16th and Charlie Browns Saturday the 20th. 21st Old Hickory at Rocky Mount and Watauga Gun Club the 27th. Buccaneer shoots there BIG50 the 27th and CCLEOA the 26th.

August is the last month before you must renew your ATA membership. I decided to take advantage of the life membership that is offered to individuals over 65. If you plan to shoot into your 70’s it is a deal. I just wish my grandfather had purchased a life membership for me in 1964 for I think $50. Also, a lot of folks forget to renew and show up in September and if the club doesn’t catch it what a hassle that is.

Component prices were posted at the Grand and Graf’s had some powder, shot $53 and only Cheddites at $65/1000 and $300 for 5K. Powder Titewad 8lb $185 with Red/Greendot at $230 for 8lb. Wads are up a bit also and that was with 8.5% Illinois sales tax.

All good things must come to an end and that is about it for this week. I hope everyone has a great week and stays as cool and dry as possible. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Thea and Anne and until next week…….smokem