July 25th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

July 25th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello and good morning to all. Nice weekend pretty much if you like hot weather. That didn’t keep folks from going out shooting. It won’t be long until folks are either complaining about how cold it is or I can’t wait for warmer weather.

Two events in North Carolina this week with Rockingham County Gun Club moving it’s Thursday BIG50 from Thursday the 28th back to Tuesday the 26th. Also, two Tuesday dates in August – 16th & 30th. Ft. Bragg hosts a typical 300 target program this Saturday the 30th. If you have never shot at Ft. Bragg, you need to give it a try. Very interesting place to shoot and if the base is busy watching the planes land is awesome.

Rockingham County Gun Club was busy last week with several events. Thursday the 21st the BIG50 was won by Mark Spoon after a 50 straight in singles and a 46 from the 25 with his DT11. Saturday Allan Davis won the singles with a 97, Margaret Johnson won the handicap with a 95, Greyson Stainback won the doubles with a 93 and Joe Nalley won the HOA with a 272. Margaret’s 95 and Greyson’s 93 were their personal bests in those events. Sunday the top gun in the BIG50 was Roxboro’s Darrell Parham with a 46-48=94. Thanks to all that came out in the heat and to all that pitched in to work!

Watauga Gun Club shot Saturday and this information was supplied by Barron Church – Thanks! John Waters won the singles with a 99, Frank Perry won the caps with a 96, Shawn Reese won the doubles with a 90. There was a three-way tie for HOA (273) and it was settled mountain style with 27 yard wobble targets. Shawn Reese, LilD Tollison and Caleb Mathis stepped to the line and Caleb secured the HOA with a 17x20. That is all the info supplied and congrats to all of the winners.

I would imagine all eyes are on the Grand American and it will crank up in just a few days. If you are planning to attend, we wish you the best and have a great time. It is a great place to shoot and an amazing shooting facility. The weather can be hot and unpredictable and the traffic from ATV’s, Cars and golf carts can be hectic. It is big with 20 trap fields to the left of the clubhouse and 100 traps fields to the right. Even with the elevation of the clubhouse you cannot see the end of the trapline. Lots of gun vendors and you just must be there for the experience.

Donna Cornett shocked me with the news that Darvin had been in the hospital for four weeks with acute gallstones and pancreatitis that produced an infection. He is home recuperating, but it will take 6 weeks for the antibiotics to work and after that his gallbladder will be removed. I hate to hear of anyone being sick and please pray for his speedy recovery. He works hard at the trap shoots and shoots in the events. Hopefully he can get back up out and going before the Dixie in October.

Ok that is about it for this week. I hope everybody has a great week and hopefully this weather will cool off a bit. Ft. Bragg’s weather looks like low 90’s and the possibility of rain but at least the sun won’t be burning you up. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Thea, and Anne and until next week………smokem