May 23rd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

May 23rd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and I hope you are enjoying the warmer weather. It is that time of year and with warm weather comes a lot of shooting. Between typical 300 target program shoots and BIG50’s the lead is just a flying. Durham County shot Saturday and Charlie Brown Sunday.

Registered shoots this week include a Rockingham County BIG50 Thursday the 26th and BIG50 at Buccaneer Saturday the 28th. Also, Old Hickory at Rocky Mount and Watauga shoot typical 300 target programs Saturday the 28th. Everybody is gearing up for the NC State Shoot June 8-12.

Durham County Wildlife Club shot Saturday and currently I do not have a complete shoot report, but I do have some information. Mark Spoon led all singles shooters with a 98 and Gage Malone won the handicap with a 93 and got a ½ yard punch for his efforts. Hopefully we will have more info next week.

Charlie Brown Gun Club hosted a BIG50 Sunday, and 19 shooters participated. One neat thing about BIG50 shoots is that registered and un-registered shooters can shoot together. Horace Best out bested all singles shooters with a 49. Andy Clayton did not register his targets but broke the score that won the money. That left somebody to get the ½ yard punch and it was Megan Smith. Greg High led all shooters and Andy Clayton HOA with 137x150. Marty said they cranked up a little before 10 and were done a little after 1. Now that is some moving some folks through there in that heat. Charlie Brown has a BIG50 scheduled for August 20th so please make a note of it.

Ok that is about it for this week. Still trying to find shells and supplies. I did see a picture of a bunch of shells and components at a gun club but no idea where it was. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Thea and Anne with a new EZ-GO and until next week………smokem