May 16th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

May 16th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

May is halfway over and folks is shooting some trap. I hope you got out to shoot this weekend somewhere. Ft. Bragg shot Saturday and the South Carolina State Shoot just wrapped up.

Two events this weekend with Durham County Saturday and a BIG50 at Charlie Browns on Sunday. Scarlett always hosts a great shoot as long as the power stays on. First BIG50 for the Charlie Brown club and I hope they have a great turnout.

Ft. Bragg shot Saturday and they got a little moist according to Marty Hill. John Miller won the singles, doubles and HOA and Joe Nalley took the caps. Always a good time at Ft. Bragg and you need to shoot there considering they were off the schedule for so long!

South Carolina is in the books and overall, the weather really did cooperate even though the weather folks said it would be a soggy three days after Saturday. I am not saying folks didn’t shoot in the rain it just was not a washout. Hats off to the SCTA and the Spartanburg GC for another great event.

Attendance well you can look back historically and see the high price for gas and shells prices have put somewhat of a damper on the sport. They managed who decided to attend and that was what they had to work with. It will be interesting to see the numbers after the NC State shoot is over.

Let me see who won what and believe me I am not going to list all the winners. NC shooters did win at SC and they brought back some nice trophies. Doubles resident winner was Randy Knight with a 96 and non-res TN JR Colton Phillips with a 98. Singles Championship winner was Gary Ferguson with a 199 and non-res Alabama shooter John White with a 199. Handicap resident winner was Gary Olson with a 98 and non-res Caleb Delp from Virginia with a 96. Preston Lunn won the resident HOA and HAA and I did not get the non-res winners. Yes the fish fry Saturday night was delicious and thanks for asking.

June 8-12 is the North Carolina State Shoot in Bostic NC. We hope you can attend and bring all your friends. Always a good time in Bostic and even though they have 17 traps I doubt all traps will be used for this event. Marty Hill has been working to classify folks prior to the shoot so call or email or FB him and he will get you fixed up. I don’t know if you have heard but the old hole in the wall Scoggins is no more. The owner closed the doors, and it is gone forever. Great food and fellowship and I have eaten with many a trapshooter at the location.

I will be working on getting my SC pictures posted and post a link to the gallery. Since I got put in Facebook jail for 30 days it has really limited my ability to post content so I might have to just do it here like I used to. Only time and keystrokes will tell.

Ok, I am about worn out and I know I will sleep good tonight. Have a great week everybody and get out and go do some shooting. Oh, Ronnie Manuel is out and practicing so that old man on the stool is on the loose. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Thea and Ann and until next week……..smokem