April 11th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

April 11th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

April showers bring May flowers is what they say. Lots of wind and cool weather this weekend and two registered shoots with shoot reports. Not a ton of shooting going on before the upcoming NC Hall of Fame.

Durham County shot Saturday amongst the wind and cool temps and the scores reflected those issues. Joe Nalley and Doug Monjeau tied in the singles with 94’s and Joe won the flip. Allan Davis won the caps with an 84 and missed a punch with 11 entries. Joe Nalley won the doubles with a 80 and Allan Davis won the HOA with a 249. Hopefully their next shoot will be calmer and warmer and at least the power stayed on for the entire event.

Buckhorn shot Sunday and they had a good crowd on another cool and windy day. Looks like Greg High won the singles with a 96 amongst 22 shooters. Jason “Windy” Harris won the caps with 89 and 19 entries that allowed for a ½ yard punch and great shooting. Greg High won the doubles with an 89 and the HOA with a 259. Big thanks to all that attended and to all that pitched in to help.

One trap shoot this week and it is a BIG50 at the Rockingham County Gun Club on Thursday the 14th. Our last event brought out 13 shooters, and everyone had a great time. Registration begins at 11 or earlier and shooting starts at noon or earlier. Come on out if you can.

I talked to Roger Shaffer last week and he is recuperating from a hip replacement. He sounded good and hopes to get out shooting sometime. He has issues with his stamina and is working to be able to shoot 100 targets. If you have his number, please give him a call and help cheer him up.

The NC Hall of Fame is just around the corner, and it will be here before you know it. One note on the HOF program and it involves the address on sending your money for the banquet. The mailing address should be as follows. NCTHOF - 149 Clipper Lane - Smithfield NC – 27577. April 21-24 has been set aside to shoot trap and honor the newest inductee into the North Carolina Hall of Fame. When you walk into the clubhouse and look on the far wall you will see all the pictures of North Carolina’s finest trap shooters and promoters and contributors to the history of North Carolina trapshooting. Oh, the stories that could be told by these individuals that went before to pave the way for trapshooting as we know it today. Hopefully one day I can work on and finish the Hall of Fame section on TarHeelTrap.

I did have a chance to talk to our newest addition to the NCHOF and George Sudderth is both excited and maybe a little nervous about the upcoming event. I don’t have all the facts and figures of everything George has won over the years, but it is quite a list. Hopefully I will be privy to that info so that I can post it in his HOF section on the website. George has been through a lot and he strives to shoot great and sometimes he doesn’t shoot like he wants to but he never gives up. He works very hard on getting his gun to shoot where he is looking and keeping that in check can be frustrating. George has also had some medical issues to deal with and let’s face it if your body isn’t 100% it is tough to compete with folks that feel great. I hope someone can record his induction speech because I would really like to hear it. Terry Roush will be doing his induction speech and I am sure it will be full of facts and fun stories of George over the years.

That is about it for this week, and I hope everyone has a great Easter Holiday weekend. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Thea and Anne and until next week………smokem