March 21st Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

March 21st Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and I hear the wind was howling over the weekend. There was one shoot over the weekend at Buckhorn and three registered shoots in North Carolina this week.

Buckhorn had a good shoot Sunday in the wind. Megan Smith won the singles and Caleb Mathis won the handicap, doubles and the HOA. That caps score got him a punch to the 25 and just 2 more to the 27. Bug thanks to all that helped and attended the event.

Three events in North Carolina this week. Thursday Rockingham hosts a BIG50 with registration at 11 and shooting at noon. Buccaneer shoots their BIG50 Saturday the 26th and Watauga hosts their typical 300 target shoot also. Get out and register some birds if you can.

Spent a few days at the Southern Grand and had a great time. I believe 18 NC shooters registered targets and several took a few trophies home. From what I know Hunter and Jeff, Greg High, Tyler Cox, Kenny Cox and there may have been others to win. Ricky Marshall is the singles champ 200, Michael Fox is the doubles champ 100, Ben Schumpert is the handicap champ 98, Richard Marshall is the HAA champ 392, and Michael Fox is the HOA Champ 971. The weather was great, and 500 shooters stepped to the line on Saturday. The Silver Dollar Gun Club hosted a great event and hope to be back next year.

At the time of this writing, I am still in Florida and will be making the trip back up to NC. Tim Davis broke a 92 Sunday and was just a few birds out of the shootoff event. Everybody have a great week and hope you can get out to shoot this week.

Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Thea and Anne and until next week………..Oh Tyler Cox shot himself to the 27 Wednesday and the Southern Grand and until then…………………………smokem