February 21st 2022

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

February 21st 2022

Post by smokem »

Hopefully you have a day off for Presidents Day and for those of you that must work I hope you have a great Monday. Crazy windy clear sunny weekend and glad nobody had to shoot registered Saturday. Buckhorn shot Sunday and we do have info on the shoot provided by Eric Sherer.

Two registered BIG50 shoots this week with Rockingham on Thursday and Buccaneer on Saturday. Rockingham had two squads of shooters on the 10th and hopefully the threat of rain won’t scare folks off. We will shoot rain or shine and will probably schedule two more events in March.

Buckhorn hosted their monthly shoot Sunday and had a great turnout. It was a wee bit chilly, and I would imagine the wind slipped in from time to time. Mark Spoon out flipped Doug Monjeau for the singles win with a 97. Allan Davis won the caps and got the punch with a 90. Megan Smith won the doubles with an 89 and Shawn Reese took HOA with a 271. Also happy birthday to Little Jimmy Wilson and also in memory for Andrew Carroll that would celebrate his birthday on the 23rd… Karole Miller and Jeri Wilson provided a tasty lunch and Karoles famous desserts were consumed by the crowd. Mid-Carolina Clay Busters showed up to shoot some of their first ATA registered targets. Glad to see the youth out shooting that is for sure.

The Spring Grand in Tucson is in the books and some amazing scores posted. Someone posted the shellhouse prices and all that was available was two Federal loads, multiple Fiocchi loads and a bunch of Winchester shells. Prices ranged from $80 for 1145 Federals to $115 for Winchester handicap shells. JT Osborne won the Championship Doubles with a 100, the singles champ Scott Obenchain broke 200 and then went 300 more to settle the tie, two 99’s in the caps and Pat Lamont won the HOA and HAA…….

That is about it for this week. I hope everyone has a great week and hopefully we will see some of you Thursday at RCGC. Oh, it looks like Watauga and now Buckhorn and using the SCORESR.com shooting software to cashier their shoots. The printouts looked great and hopefully we will be testing it out also. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Thea and Anne and until next week……….smokem