January 17th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

January 17th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

It looks like a snowy MLK day in North Carolina. I hope you and your family are safe and sound and your power is on. Looks like BIG Snow Tom Shelley got about 11.5 inches in Banner Elk and he has some shoveling to do in the morning.

I guess there are things you can do during bad weather like load shells if you have components or work out with your Terry Jordan wall chart. I chose to make some wasabi deviled eggs in case the power went out. They are really good and so far our power has stayed on.

I noticed a Facebook post that showed a picture of about 20-30 flats of STS shotgun shells. The picture was taken at a sporting goods retailer LGS. They were $170 a flat and that might be the highest price I have seen so far. Another post stated that you shouldn’t blame the manufacturer you should blame the business that jacks the margin up on the shells. Also, the comment was made that manufacturers make more money on the hunting grade shell than they do on the premium target shotgun shell. Whatever it is I hope it gets fixed and fixed soon because the 20% drop in trapshooting in 2021 is going to grow to a greater percentage in 2022.

So, after this Wednesday I will have had cataract surgery in both eyes. I put it off and should have had it done last year. The clarity is pretty evident, and I am looking forward to what I will be seeing after Wednesday. It might not help my shooting but hopefully it will help when I am riding a bench scoring.
The North Carolina State Shoot is just 4 months away and normally you get a shoot program that is mailed to you. You will notice ads from gun clubs and vendors and even traps shooters take out ads to help pay for the cost of the publication. If you are interested in placing an ad you will need to contact Greg High at ghigh@nc.rr.com and you need to do it soon.

Remember that the NCTA shoot calendar for typical 300 target program and BIG50 shoots can be found at http://www.nctrap.com – It should be filling up with more local shoots very soon so check on it regularly. Also if you want to attend the bigger shoots you will need to meet target requirements so you wont have to shoot penalty class or yardage.

Have a great week everybody and I have two driveways to deal with in the morning. Also, it looks like they are predicting another storm next weekend. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Thea and Anne and until next week……..smokem