November 15th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

November 15th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Greetings and I hope you had a great Veterans Day week. Thanks to all that served and to all that continue to serve! The weather last week started out warm and then here comes the cool. From what I hear November is exhibiting temps like what December would be. Only time will tell before the snow begins to land.

Old Hickory at Rocky Mount shot Sunday and Karole Miller was the singles champ with a 96. Doyle Estep won the caps with an 87 and Andy Clayton won the doubles with an 85. Mark your 2022 shoot calendars for April 3rd, May 28th, June 26th and August 21st at OHRM.

I posted a picture of a shirt I had made years ago that said “Nothing could be finer than shooting in North Carolina”. It had a big blue target and two orange targets on a trap field. It got a pretty good reaction on Facebook, and I might have to create a limited run for 2022. Hopefully I can negotiate a price and try to keep the price down. I will keep everyone posted as to when they will be available.

Looks like a few shoots in November and December at Buckhorn and Buccaneer. November 27th BIG50 at Buccaneer so please make a note of it. I am going to do a little research on VA and SC shoots during the winter. I know VA offers some 300 target marathons during the cold weather months.

Looks like Tom Pitts will be riding in luxury in his new Forest River motor home. I mean you can’t hide that money now can you. With all the work he does at the Homegrounds and other trapshoots he needs a comfortable place to stay. Running trapshooting software isn’t always the problem. Dealing with the trapshooting public is what will really wear you out. My mountain spy says that snow is on the way in the Boone area with winds 30-50 mph. That swinging bridge on Grandfather Mountain will be whistling tonight.

Spent some time on Facebook messenger with 2-time NC State Singles Champ Addison Callan the other night. He is finishing up grad school and is ready to start a job in Cary at Black and Veatch. He will be doing consulting work for electric utilities and corporations in the electric power systems area. He said his face had healed up nicely after all that shooting, he did as a youngster but is experiencing some left shoulder problems from all that gun lifting. He said his dad is in Arizona, sister is in Colorado and his brother is in Illinois. It sure was good to hear from him and he hopes to get out and visit some of the shoots if not just to catch up with old friends.

Shells or components have you bought any lately? The Autumn Grand is in the books, and it looks like they had plenty of premium shells for that shoot. Our 2 All-Americans Jim Hughes and John Williams made the trip to Tucson. Some great scores all week and I believe the singles champ went 275x275 to win the shootoff after his 200. You can check out all the scores at http://www.shootscoreboard.com – go check it out……

Well, that will do it for this week, as we race toward the holiday season. It won’t be long before Turkey Day and the fat man flying. You must soak up every minute because nobody knows just how many minutes we got left. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Thea and Anne and until next week……..smokem