October 4th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

October 4th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Here we are already in October and the 2021 Dixie Grand is in the record books. Great weather weekend for all and I hope you got out to enjoy it. A couple of shoots coming up in the next several weeks and I hope you can make one of the events.

Nothing on the books for shoots this weekend. Rockingham shoots the 16th and Buckhorn shoots the 17th. Buccaneer holds their BIG50 the 16th and Rockingham the 17th. 23rd Watauga – 24th Old Hickory@Rocky Mount and Fort Bragg the 30th.

The Dixie Grand is over, and it was well attended. The weather was great and not sure what the total attendance was, but I believe it was a great success. I would spend a little time talking about the winners but the singles, handicap, hoa and haa are not posted as of 9:23 Sunday night. I do know that Ryan Bucher won the Championship Doubles with a 99 and a shootoff against Ethan Ledford. I believe that Tyler Honnold won the singles with a 200 and have no idea how many other 200’s were broken. Here is the link to the info when it becomes available. Mash on http://www.shootscoreboard.com for all the info.

Terry Roush and his wife had to make an unexpected trip to Ohio for the funeral of his deceased wife’s sister Carolyn Corn. Carolyn had received a heart transplant and really have no details on her illness. Please remember their family in prayer during this time.

The ATA celebrates National Trapshooting Day/Month and some clubs will honor that event by giving out NTD ATA pins and some clubs buy special leather trophies sold by Shamrock leather. Last year the Rockingham Gun Club bought trophies and we had the biggest shoot ever in the history of the club. Unfortunately, we won’t be giving away trophies like that this year, but we will have pins and will have a drawing for a 4-box shell bag with the NTD ATA logo on the bag. As everyone knows it takes a lot of dedicated folks scoring and loading and helping run a shoot. Sometimes you just must make decisions so that you don’t burn your help out considering they are all unpaid volunteers. Maybe next October we will bring back the Shamrock leather. I think in 2020 we had 78 singles/56 handicap and 40 doubles shooters. That my friend was a loooooong day.

I of course did not make it to the Dixie and did not get to take any pictures. Tiffany Decker stepped right in and flooded Facebook with probably 300 pictures plus or minus. I appreciate her efforts and it really takes time to capture and post them. I just updated my photobucket account and hope to add more photos on the smoke report and other posts. If you want a link to my pictures got to http://www.nctrap.com and look for the link (Fred Redmons Pictures). I have pictures going back to 2004 from all over the country.

In the next week or so I am going to create a calendar that will display regular shoots and BIG50’s from NC and surrounding states. Folks up north and down south and out west shoot through the winter. Hopefully it might aid folks in finding a place to shoot and get targets through the winter. My goal is to start running BIG50’s every Thursday at the Rockingham County Gun Club.

Oh, I almost forgot. Ronnie Manuel had back surgery last week and is on the mend. With the COVID he pretty much dropped off the map shooting trap because he does have a compromised immune system and wanted to be safe. He wound up helping his granddaughter in her candle business which is very successful. Remember him in prayer and hopefully he will have a speedy recovery.

Ok that is about it for this week. I hope everyone survives this rain for the next few days. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Thea and Anne and until next week…….smokem