2015 Southern Grand Info

Info about shoot dates and scores from around the nation.
smokem

2015 Southern Grand Info

Post by smokem »

@1:10PM - Sunny 78 degrees

Bunch of 100’s on the board and 76 squads was the final total. Trey Wilburn and Clay Floyd are sitting on top of AAA with Bob Goodman sitting on top of AA with a 100 also. Jeff Galloway broke a 98 Monday and then a 99 today and Noah Gouge figured out the singles with a 98 this morning.

Conditions look good and there were 99’s in C Class this morning along with four 96’s in D Class. WVA shooter Mark Isner is on the grounds and broke a 99 in the Mussleman Singles this morning. Caps is cranking up and will that 1 ½ yard mean anything to the youngster from Jefferson NC? Only time and targets will tell…….

@9:30AM Tuesday - Rain 68 degrees

I took a look at the winners from Monday and Noah Gouge pocketed about $600 bucks for that 98 and a 1 ½ punch that lands him on the 23 yard line. VA shooter Trey Wilburn broke the lone 100 to win the doubles outright on Monday afternoon.

Looks like 68 squads for the Hardy P. Mussleman singles this morning. Looking like 68 degrees and possibly raining at this time in Odessa according to weather underground. No scores have popped up yet so check back when you can....

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

@4PM Monday

Oh boy……………24/50/24 from the 21.5? Noah Gouge posted the “LONE” 98 and from what I can tell he is leading all shooters in the Preliminary Handicap at the Southern Grand. My mountain spy tipped me off that Noah was only 1 down going into his last trap and lo and behold he held it together for that great performance. Noah shot early this morning in the singles and commented that the birds looked like aspirins. With his young eyes that says a lot about shooting early at the Dollar. He broke that 98 on bank 6 on the golf side and that is right in front of the gold side clubhouse overlooking a golf course with green grass and palm trees. The scenery evidently didn’t make any difference and he got the job done.

Other folks on the board include Jeff Galloway with a 93 from the 27, Robin Dallenbach with a 93, Tommy Freeman my friend from TN with a 94 amongst 62 squads of handicap shooters. I believe John Pickitt also broke in the low 90’s.

I noticed a couple of my Konne-Yaut friends on the board that includes Gloria Wood and Ted Caviglia both from PA.

@1:27PM Monday

The 2015 Southern Grand is underway and at 1PM the temp was 80 degrees with winds at about 7mph. 1st NC shooter on the board early was NC Jr shooter Noah Gouge with a 91. The Jr group will be tough this year and the top Jr this AM posted a 99.

Other NC folks on the board included Wayne Averill, Bill Howe with a 98 in “B” and Vet, Robin Dallenbach and that was about it for NC shooters. A couple of my Konne-Yaut’s were on the board with Jim Courtwright with a 98 in “A”, and Jean McCord in Lady II with an 87.

VA shooters Trey Wilburn had a 99 in AAA and Clay Floyd posted a 96 this morning. Attendance is up slightly for this event over last year and the caps and dubs were scratched in 2014 due to inclement weather.

I also noticed that GA shooter Billy Griffin had a 98 in SrVet and Ohio shooter Jim Blevins had a 97. Looks like 62 squads scheduled for the caps event and the weather looks great all week from what I can tell. I will recap when time allows so check back a little later in the day.