November 1st Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

November 1st Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

I hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween weekend. It could be interesting to know what costumes folks wore to their parties. Back in the day Watauga Gun Club folks dressed up for their Halloween shoot. Several shoots over the weekend including Ft. Bragg and Buccaneer.

Ft. Bragg held their third event of the 2021 season, and they had 25 shooters. Marty reported windy conditions and a bit overcast. George Powell led all singles shooters with a 97, John Miller won the caps with an 87 and the HOA with a 264. Joe Nalley won the doubles with an 86. Hopefully they will be able to hold more shoots in 2022.

Buckhorn will shoot this Sunday the 7th and it is their Toys for Tots shoot. Not sure how many years they have been hosting this event, but I know it has been quite a few years. The object is to bring a new toy or donate money and the club will collect all the goodies and deliver them to the Marines. Weather is looking like 58 and sunny. Jimmy Wilson will be dressed up as Santa Claus and don’t miss your chance to sit on his lap and tell him what you want for Christmas.

Looks like the GA State Shoot 2022 will fall on the same dates at the NC Hall of Fame next year. I talked to Dave Hollingsworth Sunday and questioned the early April dates. He commented that the club they hosted it at had some issues and the folks that cashier the shoot had some conflicts also. Traditionally it falls at the end of April and early May.

I asked Dave if they were finding any shells in Georgia, and he commented that their supplier was coming up empty on premium shells. He said his brother was able to secure 10 flats of Gun Clubs but has come to regret that. They seem to be a little harsh and fore some reason a dirty shell. I keep seeing folks post pix of premium shells but there are none to be found. Now I have seen components available in greater quantities and that is a good sign or is it……?

Have a great week everybody and enjoy this cooler weather. I just got back from the Coast and that wind was blowing 20-40 on Friday. Jim Cantore from the weather channel would have had a blast leaning into the wind. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobby, Thea and Anne and until next week………………….smokem