October 11th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

October 11th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and I hope you enjoyed a beautiful Sunday after all that rain last week. Hopefully Watauga escaped any damage from all the rain they had in the area. Hopefully this upcoming week will be a little drier and a little cooler.

Several shoots this weekend with Rockingham County Gun Club hosting National Trapshooting Day on the 16th. The Buccaneer Gun Club will host their BIG50 on Saturday the 16th also. Buckhorn shoots the 17th and Rockingham shoots their BIG50 on Sunday also.

I was shocked to see that South Carolina trapshooter Scott Pace passed away last week. He was only 52 years old and had a been in the hospital dealing with COVID and pneumonia. He has three sons and a daughter, and he will sorely be missed. He was heavily involved in the AIM program and under his coaching guidance he inspired competitors like Preston Lunn and others. Please remember his family in prayer at this time.

Tim Davis informed me that has father passed away last week and he had been in failing health. His father was an anesthetist just like Tim and worked late into his life. He had recently sold their house and planned to do some traveling in the RV. As Tim said you need to hold your loved ones close because you never know just how long you have to spend with them.

Tyler Cox made it back to Jacksonville University after the Dixie Grand and competed with his team over the weekend. They racked up on awards in trap, skeet, sporting and 5-stand. Another Jacksonville group also competed at the Cardinal Center at the Nationals.
Not sure where you are finding shells, but I cannot find any in Greensboro. Evidently, they are showing up somewhere because they evidently had plenty at the Dixie. And these other youth competitions are finding shells. Anyway, Sportsman Warehouse had plenty of 7.5, 8, 8.5 and 9 shot.

Ok that is about it for this week. I hope everyone has a great week and hopefully you can get out to shoot this week/end. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Bobbie, Thea and Anne and until next week……….smokem