August 2nd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

August 2nd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Greetings from Jamestown NC. Not much going on this weekend and everyone that is planning to attend the Grand in Sparta are prepping their checklists for the journey. Just over 700 miles from my house and about the same distance as the Silver Dollar.

Buckhorn shoots this Sunday for those of you that are staying home and the following Saturday Durham County shoots. Sunday weather is looking good for Mebane with temps in the high 80’s and minimal rain chances. Always fun shooting at BGC and they always have a great lunch.

Folks are at Sparta already including future students from the Montreat shooting program. Jeff and Hunter Galloway visited the Evansville Gun Club Saturday afternoon on there way to Sparta. They got up Sunday morning and finished the trip with Jeff flying back Sunday night. Jeff will fly back up this coming Friday and shoot the program from there. Bob Schultz is also in Sparta and is setup for business for the event. I noticed Alton Kelley is in Sparta and they had a chance to visit the Popeye memorial in Chester Illinois. The gentleman that created the Popeye cartoon was from Chester……Chester is near the Mississippi River.

I get feedback regarding the smoke report from time to time and I heard from Bobby Page last week. Evidently, he is not shooting much anymore and evidently kept a few guns around just in case. It is nice to know he does read the smoke report and hopefully we will get to see him sometime. Not sure if Gail is shooting anymore or not.

Pictures surfaced from the Grand and they came from the shell house. Pallets and pallets and pallets of the high dollar shells were photographed. Of course, you would expect the shell manufacturers to produce shells for the biggest shoot in the country. As soon as the photos appeared the negative Nancy’s started complaining about not being able to find shells. It got comical there for awhile and from what I hear the local Wal-Mart is loaded with Winchester ammo. I am hoping to get some pictures from the Wal-Mart to see just how many shells they have. At the Grand you can buy shells if you are shooting an event. Hopefully after the Grand and this fall and winter we will see more shells on the shelf. I personally have not seen any green or gold shells on the shelf in half a year?

That is about it for this week and all attention will be focused on the Grand. I had an offer to go and turned it down due to things happening here at home. My goal is to get back to Sparta in 2022 and that would be great! Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Thea and Anne and until next week…………………smokem