July 27th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

July 27th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Greetings and another great weekend to shoot trap in North Carolina. Several events over the weekend and hopefully we will get a shoot report from Watauga that I can copy from Facebook to post here.

With the Grand cranking up there is a lull in the action until the 8th of August when Buckhorn holds their monthly shoot. Durham County will shoot the 14th so mark your calendars.

Rockingham shot Saturday and Doug Monjeau broke his first 100 straight on trap 1 with Steve Morgan scoring. He won the singles and then tied young Christopher Malone with a 92. They shot and extra round with the Doug the winner and both got a half yard for their efforts. George Powell from Columbia SC won the doubles.

Sunday RCGC hosted their BIG50 with 18 shooters. James Brown, Richard Parham and Jack Williams knotted up with 90’s. Sub-Jr Tobin Bishop took the low Lewis and made more money than the top dogs. It was warm and humid, and the rain held off until the trip home. Thanks to all that attended and to all that pitched in to help.

The Grand cranks up in a few weeks and NC shooters will be traveling to Sparta Illinois. The word is shells will be available to shoot in the events and Wal-Mart is loaded with shells also. The prices are posted, and they are pricey for sure. Manufacturers are taking advantage of the situation and are making no apologies for it. If you want to shoot you are going to pay the price.

On a sad note, Dan Johnson informed me that Lou Carter passed away last week. I first met Lou when he moved to NC, and he was a great man. He will be sorely missed, and our prayers are with the family.

Ok folks I hope everyone has a great week and hopefully we can get some relief from this heat. Hello to Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Thea and Anne and until next week……..smokem