July 12th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

July 12th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Greetings and I hope everyone had a great weekend. I hear the weather was hot in North Carolina with a splash of rain. One shoot over the weekend at the Durham County Wildlife Club and the Zone starts this Thursday at the NC Homegrounds………

Durham County Wildlife Club hosted a shoot Saturday and from what I hear it was very interesting. They had a good crowd show up and finished singles and then the power went out. They were able to get some generators to run two traps and I believe had to hand pull the caps and the doubles. You got to hand it to the folks at DCWC for rising to the occasion. Hopefully we will get a shoot report and it might be posted on the shootata.com website.

I took a trip to Pennsylvania Wednesday and got back Sunday. We shot at the West Penn Sportsman club near Murrysville PA. They have 8 program traps and start squads on trap 1&2 and run the odd/even 4 trap setup. They also use a trap program called scoresr.com and it is not a stand-alone program. You must have an internet connection to communicate with their remote server. It looks like a neat program, and we might check it out. It looks like an easy program to use and less expensive than 3S. They also had painted their traphouses and just installed a 15 station sporting clays course. It is always neat to visit other guns club and see how they do things. They did have shells for sale and they were selling Noble Sports like Bob Schultz sells.

I stopped at Wal-Marts from NC to VA to WVA to PA and no shells. One kid did say that you had to come at a certain time to get what he called the BIG PACK of 100 shells. I advised him that a BIG PACK to most shooters was 250 not 100. Hunter Galloway has advised me that the Wal-Mart in Sparta Illinois is absolutely full of shells.

The Southern Zone starts Thursday, and the weather is looking rather good. Typical possibility of t-storms each day and the daily high looks like 88 degrees. I am not sure if shells will be available at the shoot or not. Marty Hill has been classifying shooters prior to the event and that sure speeds things up at the clubhouse. The telephonic shoot will be held at Bostic, Berea KY and Odessa Florida.

Ok that is about it and driving 421 miles has wore me out. Have a great week everybody and maybe we will see some of you at the Zone. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Thea and Anne and until next week…..smokem