July 5th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

July 5th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

July 4th 2021 is in the books and so is the VA and KY state shoots. Great weather for the championship weekend in both states but it started out soggy for sure. We had NC shooters in both states, and a few won some VA and KY hardware.

Durham County Wildlife Club shoots this Saturday and sure glad to see them back on the schedule. They host a great event, and their lunch has always been good. Weather is looking good as far as no precip but it will be 90……

NC shooters showed up in VA and some of the winners include Caleb Dancy, Taylor Horner, Caleb Mathis, AK, Jack Williams among others. I could not find any scores posted on the web and Barron Church took pictures of all the winners. They had to cancel one event due to lack of sunlight from what I believe, and the shoot started out wet……

I did a quick scan of the KY State Shoot and there were only 2 NC shooters present. One was Bob Schultz, and I could not find the other one. Keith Ditto won the KY HAA and HOA, and I will provide the link to the scores for your viewing pleasure. I believe there were close to ten 200’s and more than 15 199’s much less all of the 198’s. There were SC shooters in KY including Thomas Campbell and Randy and Teresa Knight. http://www.shootscoreboard.com

One good thing is that I did not see anywhere on the internet about shells not being available at the state shoots. I might have missed info about that, but things might be getting better. The prices are jacked sky high, and I hope that price spike changes soon. Doubling the price of shells sure will not make folks want to shoot more and that is for sure.

That is about it for this week and remember the Southern Zone is just a few weeks away. July 15-18 for your calendar and hope to see some of you there. Hello to Lou, Scott (see you in PA), Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Thea and Anne and until next week……..smokem