June 21st Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

June 21st Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning to everyone and I hope you had a great fathers day weekend. One shoot over the weekend in North Carolina and NC shooters traveled to Tennessee and Illinois to partake of some clay.

Thank goodness we got some rain in the area, but it really isn’t enough. Trey Wilburn posted a picture of bad weather at the site of the Illinois State Shoot. Bunker Hill Illinois was lit up like a Christmas tree with all the storm warnings. Caleb Mathis showed up early in the week and won a few trophies but had to leave to keep traveling West.

The Tennessee State shoot took place last week and some NC shooters showed up and won. I know for sure Taylor Horner and both Caleb and Jason Dancy and Tyler Cox took trophies back to NC. Not sure who else ventured to TN but it looks like they had a great turnout.

Ft. Bragg shot Saturday and at this time I have no shoot report to give you. I know it was hot and steamy that is for sure. I believe Ft. Bragg has one more shoot planned for 2021 as far as I know.

Speaking of shoots there are two this Saturday at the Watauga Gun Club and the Rockingham Gun Club. Both clubs will have typical 300 target programs and it might be a bit cooler in the NC mountains for sure. Sunday the Rockingham Gun Club will hold a BIG50 starting at 2pm.

Shells have you found any shells? Reports from around the country are both good and bad. Pennsylvania held a big shoot and there were reports of shells not being available at times. No word out of TN or IL about shell availability. There have been state shoots that said that there would be no shells available for sale at the shoot. Personally, I have yet to find any premium shells in any Wal-Mart that I have been to. The only supplies that I have been able to find was 5 bags of shot I bought at Sportsman’s Warehouse here in Greensboro. One thing I do know is that shells will be available at the Grand American this August and there is no doubt this is true.

Ok folks that is about it for this week. Next big holiday coming up of course is the July 4th weekend with state shoots in VA and KY. Hopefully some of our NC shooters will venture out to these events. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Thea and Anne and until next week…….smokem