May 24th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

May 24th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and I hope everyone had a great weekend. Two great weather days in North Carolina and two shoots over the weekend in the TarHeel State. Not much going on between now and the NC State Trapshoot unless you travel to SC or VA.

Watauga shot Saturday and Old Hickory shot Sunday. At the time of this posting, I have no info other than Watauga had 29 in attendance. Oh, Shelley said Pitts got him in the singles, but Shelley got him in the caps. No word on did better in doubles. Shelley did send me a few pictures and I did spot Tim Crabtree so you know Thea was out shopping somewhere.

If you are still on the fence about going to the NC State Shoot June 9-13 rooms might be hard to find. I checked with Hampton and all they had was King suites and they are a little pricey. I called Holiday Inn Express and was able to get a double queen non-smoking at the gun club rate of $95 a night. That with taxes would make it about $115 a night. The other motels are questionable at best.

As some of you know Colleges are recruiting heavy for male and female trapshooters. Hub Powell is the Coach for Montreat and has landed some real hotshots. Of course, WVA’s Makayla Scott is making a name for herself but there are other young ladies in the wings. Shelby just won the Missouri State Singles Championship with a 200 straight and what an accomplishment. Also, Jaycee Beckham from South Carolina won the State Handicap Championship with a solid 95. I know they shoot skeet and sporting, but he has got some solid trapshooters coming on board.

Ok folks that is about it for this week. Hopefully, you have found a source for shells and folks are being told to bring their own to some major shooting events. Supplies are slowly becoming available and that is a good sign. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Thea and Anne and until next week……………………..smokem