April 19th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

April 19th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning folks and what a great weather weekend in North Carolina. I hope you were able to get out and enjoy and hopefully you are looking forward to attending the NCHOF this week.

First, I want to apologize to the Buccaneer folks for not picking up on the fact that they had a BIG50 Saturday. It looks like they had a good turnout from my spy on the ground Nathan Snyder.

This is the week for the North Carolina Hall of Fame shoot at the NC Home Grounds. 2020 did not allow the shoot to proceed and here we are in 2021 with two fine gentlemen being inducted.

First Jeff Galloway was slated for 2020 and so he has been for all practical purposes in the HOF but not inducted. Jeff has been shooting since a young age and our first trip together was a HOF when I broke a 199 on Saturday and a 96 in caps on Sunday. Jeff spent the night at the club with Cody Trivette and I think Jeff was like 13 plus or minus. He won the NC State Singles title as a Junior and had to shootoff against Greg High. I was with him when he broke his first 200 in singles in Sparta and with him when Jeri Wilson won the NC State Singles and Jeff won Runner-up. Jeff managed to shoot all through high school and college at UNC-CH while graduating with a double major. He also achieved AA27AA one year and most of his targets were shot out of state. He was a great AIM director and served as the ATA delegate for one year and did a great job for sure. Certainly, this is well deserved, and both his father Hunter and his grandfather are in the HOF also.

Marty Hill is one of the nicest people I have ever met. Always upbeat and looking on the bright side of everything. Not only is Marty a great shot he is also a great friend to his circle of friends. He has been instrumental in running shoots at Ft. Bragg and Old Hickory and of course at the NC Home Grounds. Not quite sure how many years Marty has been the NCTA president, but he says since 2014. 7 years is a long time to serve but he has done a great job running the HOF, State, Zone and now the Dixie at the HG. I do not know how he does it and manages that even keeled disposition. He has certainly gone way above the call of duty and his induction is well deserved. One of the neat things about being involved in running a shoot sometimes you do not get to shoot. Marty has been known to travel to other states including Florida and wear folks out. If you see him this weekend, be sure to congratulate him.

The Hall of Fame starts Thursday, and it looks like high temps in the mid 60’s can you believe that? Saturday is the only threat of rain and Thursday looks a tad windy. I have not checked pre-squad but I am sure it will be well attended. I hope to shoot a few events and enjoy the people and my granddaughter will be shooting Saturday. We will of course be taking a few pictures for sure.

That is about it for this week, and I hope everyone has a great Monday. I got a doctor’s appointment at 9:30 and my 2nd Pfizer shot at noon. Please pray for me that it does not create problems for some underlying medical issues. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Thea and Anne and until next week…………smokem