April 12th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

April 12th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

What a great weather weekend except for the rain Saturday and the wind Sunday. I left my vehicle outside instead of the garage just to get all the pollen off of it in the rainstorm. And then I headed to Church and it was covered again…..

The only game in town was the South Carolina Hall of Fame shoot in Spartanburg South Carolina. Randy Knight was inducted Saturday, and it was well deserved. They had a great turnout and Thomas Campbell won the singles, Gracie Marshall and Jeff Galloway tied for the caps and Tyler Cox won the doubles. Sunday Preston Lunn won the singles with Tyler Cox winning the handicap. Not sure who won the doubles Sunday and Natasha Schade reported Tyler Cox won the HOA.

Not much going on in the state of NC but it won’t be long before the NC Hall of Fame. As mentioned in previous smoke reports Jeff Galloway and Marty Hill will be inducted. Jeff was the 2020 inductee but with the COVID issues it had to be pushed up to 2021. In 2019 nobody was inducted in the HOF. SC had a crowd, and I would imagine the NC event will be well attended.

Looks like the new field two at the NC Homegrounds has been poured and it was done about a month ago. Only one more field to complete to give the Homegrounds a total of 17 traps. 8 on the bottom level and 9(original) on the top. These two fields will probably only be used for the Dixie Grand. Unless the State Shoot attracts a record crowd in June.

Shells were available at the SCHOF at $125 a flat and they were an off brand from what I hear. I asked if shells would be available at the NCHOF and was told that Bob Schultz “might” have shells in the Noble Sport flavor. Not sure what else he will have at the shoot……I would check with him to be sure at Target Shotguns….

Facebook is full of interesting info. I ready where Clay Floyd broke 100 singles and 200 doubles in one day in VA and that is some serious good shooting. His running buddy in Kentucky Trey Wilburn broke a 100 in doubles also. I have taken video of Clay, Trey, Noah Gouge, Bobby Fowler and Doug Damron shooting doubles and it is quite an experience.

Also, a big shout out to Gracey Marshall and Megan Smith for some good shooting this weekend and Jack Williams and Mark Cox got in the winner’s circle.

Have a great week everybody and I hope the weather is great all week and no severe storms. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Thea and Anne and until next week…………………………smokem