April 5th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

April 5th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Monday is here and I hope everyone had a great Easter Holiday weekend. The weather was great for sunrise services from the mountains to the coast. Facebook was flooded with pictures of families gathered to celebrate and enjoy a meal together. As like any holiday it brings back memories of those that have gone on.

Randy Knight will be inducted into the South Carolina Hall of Fame this coming Saturday. Singles is first Saturday and then lunch and Randy will be inducted before the handicap. I tried to see how many targets he has shot lifetime, but I can’t get to the info. Weather looks good for Saturday with rain moving in late afternoon. Several NC shooters will be attending from what I am hearing.

Exciting news this week and it is in the form of the future of a young man named Tyler Cox. Several weeks ago, his father Mark and Tyler made a trip to Jacksonville University to tour their campus. He got to shoot with some of the team and meet the coach. Well, it looks like Tyler will be attending JU in the fall and we are so excited about his next 4 years. He is currently working at the Rowan County Gun Club and just recently attended a Harlan Campbell clinic at the Rockingham County Gun Club. If you see him at a shoot, please congratulate him please.

Shells are few and far between it looks like and some reloading supplies are appearing at an inflated price. Shells were in abundance at the Southern Zone and Florida State Shoot and hopefully shells will be available
at the NCHOF at the end of the month. Pictures have been taken of Federal shells at Wal-Marts across the country in the new blue multi-color box.

In case you are planning on going to the North Carolina Hall of Fame Marty Hill is classifying shooters prior to the event. He has done this in the past, and it really cuts down on the time to get you on a squad and paid. You can also go to http://www.presquad.com and get yourself on a squad and that really cuts down on the process.

Marty Hill posted on Facebook that Bill Cable passed away. Bill was 88 and lived in Spring Lake NC. He was retired Air Force and shot at Ft. Bragg back when his buddy Keith Tilghman was still shooting. Marty commented that he shot many rounds of practice with Bill and loaded on a pair of Spolar loaders that he owned.

Have a great week everybody and it looks like warmer weather is ahead. Pollen is falling and trees are a blooming and the butterflies are flying. It is the warmer shooting time of the year……..finally. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Thea and Anne and until next week…………smokem