March 8th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

March 8th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello and good morning to all. Great weather weekend and Several shoots in SC and a BIG50 at Watauga. This weekend Ft. Bragg returns to shooting after almost 5 years. Their last shoot was December 12th, 2015.

Ft. Bragg oh the memories come flooding back. I enjoyed shooting at this location for many years and it always reminded me of shooting on the sand at Pinehurst. If you have never shot at Ft. Bragg you owe it to yourself to come on down and enjoy this facility. Not sure how many fields they will run but I imagine at least 4 and they might wave them out.

I rode down to the Spartanburg Gun Club Saturday to see my granddaughter shoot in her first registered trapshoot. She shoots with the Carolina Clay group and they were welcomed with open arms. The Spartanburg folks are some great people and I really enjoy shooting there. Randy Knight won the singles with a 98, Jack Williams won the caps with a 92 (CCLay member), Tyler Cox won the doubles with a 93 (CCLay member) and Phil Bagwell won the HOA. Phil Bagwell also broke a 92 in the caps and finally got his punch to the 27 yard line and has been trying to get there since 1974. Everybody had a great time and that is what it is all about.

Harlan Campbell is coming to the Rockingham Gun Club March 11th – 14th. He was coming in 2020 but you know how that went along with shoots being cancelled and moved forward into the year. This is the first time he has been to RCGC and we are happy to have him. I am going to try to get out to the club to see how things are going.

The Southern Grand starts the 15th I believe, and some NC shooters will be attending. Not sure who is going, and I hope to be posting info on Facebook and hopefully gathering info for the smoke report. It takes time to get the info and it looks like RJStuart will not be involved this year. It might be shootscorebaord.com will be hosting the score reporting.

Ok that is about it and I hope everyone has a great week. Saturday at Ft. Bragg it will be 76 degrees so come on down. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Thea and Anne and until next week…….smokem