January 11th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

January 11th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning folks and I hope everybody had a great weekend. Snow was a bust in Greensboro, but the mountains got a good coat and Watauga shot with a good groundcover. The weather was nice enough to get out and practice both days.

Watauga hosted a BIG50 Sunday and had 17 show up to shoot with snow on the ground. Daniel Tollison Sr. won the singles with a 49, Daniel Tollison Jr. won the caps with a 46. Caleb Dancy won the doubles with a 48 and Caleb Mathis won the HOA with a 140.

Morgan Shaw let me know that Tom Smith is not doing well and please pray for him and his family. He has been having some medical complications and is hopefully recovering from Pneumonia. His wife is taking care of him and hopefully he is on the mend.

Evidently Jim Hughes has been raiding the local Wal-Marts in his area to rescue wayward shotgun shells. It seems that everyone is having issues finding shells and it is being discussed on FB regularly. I just checked Cabela’s and both the Herter’s and the Federal Grand shells are out of stock and Academy Sports is out of stock also. I might be making another trip to Mace this week to buy what I can find.

I asked Jim Faber about the dates for the South Carolina State trapshoot in 2021. Looks like May 12-16 and hopefully the COVID wont force them to move it farther into the calendar year. If you have never been to Spartanburg and are planning to attend in May, you might want to attend one of their monthly shoots to get accustomed to the club. Hopefully, they will have their fish fry on Saturday night and that is always a good meal.

Ok that is about it for this week and it is going to be interesting over the next two weeks. Not sure exactly what is going to happen, but time will tell. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Thea and Anne and until next week……………smokem