December 28th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

December 28th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and I hope you had a great Christmas. Of course, some areas of North Carolina enjoyed a white Christmas while others just had cold weather. Watauga hosted their monthly BIG50 in the 44-degree snow covered mountain tundra and had a good turnout.

The New Year is upon us and folks are really looking forward to saying goodbye to 2020. For me it wasn’t a bad year and thank goodness so far, we have avoided the bug, knock on wood. As you know this site isn’t used for any political platforms, but I must say this country is at a pivotal point in its history – God help us all.

The Buckhorn Gun Club will host their first shoot of 2021 January 3rd. Weather is looking great with temps in the low 50’s and little chance of precip according to accuweather. That will be great, and folks can get in some birds early in the year.

I talked to South Carolina resident Dave Daily last week and he was recovering from nasal surgery and still waiting for the swelling to go down. He shoots at the Aynor SC Gun Club and they have an active trap program. If you are a winter beach person, they shoot the first Saturday of every month. Looks like it will be 60 with winds 10-15 on January 2nd…….

Winter looks like it is upon us and weather permitting folks will be getting out to practice and compete when clubs host shoots. I have been checking around for shells and Cabela’s, Academy Sports, Sportsman’s Warehouse all look like they are out of stock. Mace Sports in Mebane might have some shells and hope to run down there this week.

Ok that is about it for this week and I hope you have a great start to the New Year. No telling what is in store for 2021 and I hope it is better than parts of 2020. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Thea and Anne and until next week…………………………….smokem