December 21st Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

December 21st Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

It was the Monday before Christmas and all through the house. That time of year again and here is wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Not much going on shoot wise but I do believe Watauga has one last BIG50 before 2021 rolls around.

It is tough creating that list for Christmas and asking for things you need? Luckily, most of us will have a great Christmas but for some it might be the most miserable time of the year. For some they have recently lost loved ones and it will be their first Christmas without that special someone.

Now I am not telling you what to do but one thing I like to do is call folks that I know that I have not seen in a long time. Whether it is work, church, ham radio or even trapshooting giving someone a call can be a good time. You never know it might really cheer someone up a little bit.

I called Myrtle Beach SC Dave Daily last week to see how he was doing. He just recently had nasal surgery and is healing up from that procedure. He was having issues breathing through his nose and he hopes this will improve his breathing. He shoots at the gun club in Aynor SC and they have a shoot the first Saturday of January 2021.

The NCTA shoot calendar is filling up date by date and the calendar is up to date as of 12/20/2020. You will see that Ft. Bragg is on the calendar after several years of not hosting registered shoots. That will give folks a chance to get some targets at a great facility. Here are the links to the calendars -
2021 North Carolina Shoot Calendar.xlsx (nctrap.com) - 2021 North Carolina Shoot Calendar.xlsx (nctrap.com)

The search for shotgun shells is still on. I know several people that said they were having issues finding shotgun shells and any suggestions would be appreciated. I know Mace near Buckhorn is a good source and will be calling them in the morning. Sports Authority and Sportsman’s Warehouse are on my list to check for shells this week. I needed primers and found 10,000 and two 8pound jugs of Red Dot that Danny Lloyd let loose of.

Ok that is about it for this week. Next smoke report Christmas will be over for another year and everyone will be firming up their New Years resolutions. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Thea and Anne and until next week…………..smokem