November 23rd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

November 23rd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good Monday morning and Thanksgiving is here whether we like it or not. When I worked for the Sheriff’s Office the districts would put on the feed bag and it was always delicious. Of course, that was back when Marty Hill would host his Thanksgiving shoot at Fort Bragg. Deep fried turkey with all the trimmings…….Good Times!

Not much going on locally but I did see that the 2021 North Carolina Trap calendar has been posted. It looks a little thin, but it will fill up soon enough. Clubs that will be hopefully hosting shoots in 2021 include Buckhorn, Durham County Wildlife Club, Old Hickory at Rocky Mount, Watauga, Buccaneer, Low Country Preserve and Rockingham. Here is the link to the NCTA calendar - 2021 North Carolina Shoot Calendar.xlsx (nctrap.com)

It was Lewis Wyatt’s birthday the 21st and the trapshooting community sure lost a great fellow. I am sure it is tough right before the holiday season and prayers are with the family. I noticed he was born in Java Virginia and he sure liked his decaf coffee. He always had a pot with him when he came to the gun club. Lewis might be gone but he will never be forgotten.

Certainly, everyone has a lot to be thankful for this year. It has been a crazy year for sure and I hope 2021 is not a repeat of 2020. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and hope to see some of you very soon on the line. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Thea and Anne and until next week……..smokem