October 26th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

October 26th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Several shoots over the weekend with Watauga – Old Hickory@Rocky Mount and the South Carolina Hall of Fame in the books. No shoot reports at the time of this writing but hopefully something will be available to post.

November is right around the corner and two shoots on the horizon. Buckhorn hosts their annual Toys for Tots shoot Sunday the 8th and Old Hickory will host their last shoot or the year on the 15th. BGC hosts an event that is proven to provide much needed Holiday Cheer for young children during Christmas. The event is normally well attended and please bring a new gift for either a boy or girl. Here is the link to the NCTA calendar for the end of the year - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

Talking about dates here are the dates for the NC Homegrounds including the HOF, State, Zone and Dixie. NCHOF April 22-25 Jeff Galloway & Marty Hill will be inducted. NC State Shoot is June 9-13 and the Zone will be held July 15-18. The Dixie will be held September 28 – October 3rd. Remember that Forest City attracts visitors for the equestrian events and hotels like the Hampton and Holiday Inn Express are nearly full. Make your reservations early if you are planning to attend.

For those of you that shoot and practice during the winter just remember our VA and SC neighbors host shoots in November and December also. Recently I took a trip to the Christiansburg VA Gun Club and had a great time. I might look at compiling a list of shoots because you never know when the weather will be nice even during the winter.

Years ago I befriended a retired Gold Medal winning Olympic shooter from Australia. He married a gal from North Carolina named Lauryn and the rest is history. Over the years we have communicated via email, trapshooters.com and now Facebook. He has just recently published a series of interviews with shooters and coaches of all disciplines and I know you would enjoy the content. Go to youtube and search for go shooting champions week.

Ok that is about it for this week as we enter the holiday season. Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas will be over before you know it. Have a great week everybody and hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Thea and Anne and until next week………..smokem