October 12th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

October 12th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Greetings and I hope you enjoyed all the rain we had over the weekend. All gun clubs hope weather will cooperate with their events and glad no events were planned for this weekend.

Three events this weekend in North Carolina with Rockingham hosting National Trapshooting Day on Saturday and a BIG50 on Sunday. Buckhorn will host their monthly 300 target program on Sunday.

National Trapshooting Day/Month was established to allow clubs to pass out commemorative pins that promote the tradition of trapshooting in America and Canada. The 25 pins are free and more can be ordered for a fee.

The ATA has an agreement with Shamrock leather to provide leather trophies with the National Trapshooting Day logo and initials of the club hosting the event. In 2010 the Rockingham County Gun Club provided leather trophies in 2010 when Tom Cox was the trap director.

To commemorate that 10-year anniversary RCGC will provide Shamrock leather trophies for their 300-target program Saturday. We won’t be jacking the target price up to cover the trophies as a way of saying thanks to all that have shot at the Rock.

We will be drawing for a 4-box leather shell bag with the National Trapshooting Day logo and the new RCGC logo. Tickets are 1 – 3$ - 2 - $5 and 5 for $10. We had a guy show up at the 2010 shoot that was visiting and won the bag and we have never seen him again. Weather looks great with temps in the low 60’s and sunny skies!

Buckhorn will shoot Sunday and will offer their typical 300 target program. Weather also looks good so run down and shoot if you cannot make it to Rockingham on Saturday. Tell them Fred sent you….

David Barron informed me that two of his shooting buddies at Low Country Preserve have passed. Dave Eslinger and a gentleman known as “Manny” have gone on to the big gun club in the sky. I really do not have any more details at this time. I called Pat Childers to get more info and left him a voicemail message. Pat has been laying low due to COVID and his wife has some pre-existing issues and does not need any exposure risks.

I have included the link to the NCTA calendar for their typical 300 target program shoots - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf - Remember that Spartanburg shoots the first Saturday of each month in case you have an urge to shoot.

That is about it for this week and hopefully you can get out and get some targets before the weather sets in. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Thea and Anne and until next week…….smokem