September 28th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

September 28th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and what a great weekend in North Carolina. I had a chance to ride up to Boone Saturday and Christiansburg VA on Sunday. A whole lot of riding and a little bit of shooting.

Dixie Grand starts Tuesday and I believe Marty Hill has already classified 400 shooters. Looks like a big old good one and found out tonight a couple of my Konne-Yaut Indian friends are coming down from Pittsburgh. Weather is looking great all week with highs in the high 60’s and low 70’s!!!!!!!!

I rode up to Boone Saturday for the monthly Watauga Gun Club shoot. Same old fun bunch and I had a great time. 100 won the singles – 96 won the caps and a 93 won the dubs. Ashlyn Forester from TN won the HOA and I wonder if a woman has ever won the HOA at the Watauga Gun Club. Great trivia question for sure.

I took a trip up to the Christiansburg Izaak Walton Gun Club Sunday and it was quite an adventure. About 138 miles up 40 – 52 – 77 – 81 and about 3 miles up in the woods.

Their monthly shoot attracted 9 singles/5 handicap and 3 doubles shooters. I believe the singles was won with a 97, caps with a 93 and 82 won the dubs.

Interesting background and the PAT and wireless Canterbury voice calls worked great. All orange dome White Flyers stood out against the varied background on the side of this mountain.

Audrey Sharp runs the shoot and did a great job getting everyone to the line. They have two traps and opted to use on trap. One squad would shoot fifty and then the next squad would shoot 50. I wound up scoring doubles considering the three shooting and myself were the only ones left.

These shooters were fresh from their VA State Shoot and I was pleasantly surprised to see Art Bodell at the club. This is his home club and they shoot Wednesday nights under the lights.

There is a railroad track running through this valley and trains are running up and down that grade all day. With all the foliage the trains are hidden but this winter I should be able to get a better shot of the trains.

Ok that is about it and we hope to see some of you at the Homegrounds this week. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week……..smokem