September 14th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

September 14th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Greetings and here we are in the middle of the month of September. Not a lot of clubs have held registered shoots this year in NC due to COVID. Charlotte just shot the 12th and I hope to get a shoot report this week. Rockingham shoots this Saturday and hopefully the weather will hold out for the weekend.

It is never to early to announce a big event at the North Carolina Homegrounds. The Dixie Grand will be held starting September 29th and run through October 4th. This event used to be held at the Silver Dollar Gun Club in Odessa Florida in January. It was moved to NC several years ago and attendance has grown ever since. Currently two new trapfields are being added to the West end of the club that will increase the traps to 17. 8 traps on the lower level and the original 9 traps on the upper level. Currently the HG will shoot all 100 targets on the field you start on. Here is the link to the shoot program - https://shootata.com/portals/0/pdf/2020DixieWeb.pdf

Mark you calendar for October 17th. The Rockingham County Gun Club will be hosting an ATA National Trapshooting Day event on 11/17/2020. We have ordered special ATA trophies from Shamrock leather that will commemorate this event. We will also have our new club logo on these leather items. The last time we offered these leather trophies was in 2020. We will also be doing a drawing for a 4-box leather shell bag that will be drawn for at the end of the event. We should have a good turnout and we expect a good youth turnout also.

Georgia trapshooter Joe Doris was inducted in to the GA Hall of Fame at the 27th Annual HOF Trapshoot at the South River Gun Club. Joe is one heck of a shot and a great gentleman. Years ago maybe 2013 Joe and JC Nunn knotted up for a shootoff with Joe the eventual winner. Hopefully, he will attend the Dixie and we can shake his hand in person.

Normally the Virginia State Shoot would be held over the July 4th Holiday weekend. It was moved to September and will start this Thursday the 17th and end on Sunday the 20th. If you have never been to the Winchester Gun Club, you owe it to yourself to attend. I shot there as a teenager and again probably around 2005 +/-. Margaret Johnson and Tyler Cox will be attending and not sure if Jeff Galloway will attend or not.

Ok that is about it for this week and I hope you have a good one. Not sure what the tropics have in store, but I hope it goes the other way. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week………………smokem