August 31st Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

August 31st Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Greetings and I hope everyone had a great weekend. Hurricane Laura brought a little weather to the NC Homegrounds but the rain stayed away. Also, I hope you are looking forward to a great holiday weekend upcoming and maybe you can get out and practice.

The 107th Annual NC Trapshoot is in the record books and this time in August. Hats off to the NCTA and NCHOF for a job well done and Marty Hill and Jimmy Wilson got it done again. Tons of help and volunteers pitched in to make sure everyone had a great time.

Tons of great scores over the 5 days of shooting and hopefully a shoot report will be made available to post. Trapshooters.com has changed their website again and I cannot find a link for the shoot scoreboard.

Major NC winners is Steve Woods as the NC Singles Champ, Tyler Cox is the new NC State Doubles Champ and Jacob Beauchamp is the NC State Handicap Champ. Not sure who won the HAA and the HOA at this time.

I was pleased to see all the youth shooting this week and the parents and the grandparents. Some of the family were staying in hotels or travel trailers and some even stayed at the Yogi Bear Campground. Folks are already making plans to attend the Dixie Grand in October and hopefully it will be cooler.

Not exactly sure what the shooting calendar looks like but here is the link to the NCTA shoot calendar. Looks like several clubs will be hosting shoots so you can get ready for the October Dixie Grand.

A big effort is underway to secure help for the Dixie Grand. If you are interested in working at the Dixie Grand especially during the week, I believe Jim Hughes is the contact. Not exactly sure what is involved, and this is a great opportunity to be a part of a great event.

That is about it and I hope to find more info on all the winners. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week…………smokem