August 10th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

August 10th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Greetings for Jamestown NC and I hope you had a great weekend. Not much going on in NC but the Grand is underway, and some NC shooters have already put up some great scores.

Registered shoots are few and far between, but Watauga will host their next shoot on the 22nd as a warmup for the NC State Shoot. Rockingham has cancelled their August shoot with the reschedule of the State Shoot.

Bill Howe won a SR-VET handicap trophy and Jim Hughes broke his first 100 in doubles to win the Target Shotgun Doubles event. Noah Gouge broke a 99 in one of the caps for the Jr-Gold champ. There are other NC shooters in MO including Noah Gouge, Tyler and Mark Cox, Jack Williams, and the Galloways. Not sure who else drifted out there to compete. I have tried to keep up with scores, but the ATA website has not been cooperating at times.

The August edition of the North Carolina State Shoot is just a few weeks away. Of course, it is usually held in early June and temps are hot but not as hot as August. Folks will be getting back from the Grand and ready to roll. One little issue and it is helping to score, load houses and the do the things Drew’s crew did before COVID. The volunteers did a great job at the Zone and I believe they are paying $10 and hour if anyone is interested in working the state shoot. Contact Jimmy Wilson if interested and I am sure he will be glad to hear from you.

The goal of the Grand is to attract shooters from all over the country and the world. The Illinois governor was crazy not to allow the Grand at the SRC. Luckily, the MO Trapshooters and Linn Creek stepped up in a pinch to get the job done. PA shooters are a little thinner due to having to quarantine when they go back home. So, some have decided not to travel because PA has some shoots at the end of the month.

Have a great week everybody and let’s hope the weather holds up with a bit more rain. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week…………smokem