Late August 3rd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

Late August 3rd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good evening and yes, the smoke report is a day late. Website was unavailable and I probably could have pecked something out today while watching 8 youngins.

Buckhorn shot the 2nd and Jimmy Wilson said he would get the shoot report out sometime this week. Next registered shoot in NC is the 22nd at Watauga and then the NC State Shoot. Here is the link to the shoot calendar for August. http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

Jeff and Hunter Galloway rode out to the Grand or almost. Jeff drove to St. Louis and jumped on a plane Sunday at 3pm and was sitting in Greensboro at 9pm. Hunter drove from St. Louis to Linn Creek Missouri and not sure what time he got checked in after that 180 mile drive. Jeff and his mom fly out Friday for St. Louis and I guess Jeff will shoot for the rest of the week. Also, happy birthday Jeff on the 3rd………

I called Drew Monday to check on him and see how he was doing. Drew is the fellow that runs the crew that scored, loaded traps and made everything run so smoothly over the years. With the COVID going around they had to pull the plug on their program. He said they really hated it and not sure when they will be able to assist at our shoots at the NC Homegrounds. He did say he currently had a crew of 25 working at a plant producing materials used for cleaning. Not sure what the plan is for the state shoot, but I know it will work out fine.

Not quite sure who will be traveling to the Grand from NC, but we will try to get the list. Should be a great time for all and their home grounds look great for shooting. The AIM portion started out Sunday and not sure what the attendance was but at least they are able to participate.

Be safe out there with the hurricane bearing down on the NC coast. It will be interesting so see how much damage is done and it looks like several tornados were in the Hilton Head and Murrells Inlet area. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week……..smokem