July 28th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

July 28th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning from Jamestown NC. Beautiful weather weekend and I hope you got out in the sunshine somewhere. Rockingham County Gun Club shot over the weekend and the South Carolina State Shoot in July is now a memory.

The South Carolina State Shoot is over, and it was a great success even though it was held in July and not in May. NC shooters did great in SC and some of our young guns broke 100’s in singles and doubles. Weather was great for the most part and a Friday storm moved the Championship Doubles back to Sunday morning.

With big shoots still on the horizon including the NC State in July and the Dixie Grand in October good help is the big question. The Zone was run with help from Buckhorn and Watauga and it included both new and seasoned help. SC had a crew that for the most part panned out, but they still wound up using local help, club members and SC shooters.

Hats off to Teresa Knight and of course Tammie Wilkins for their efforts and I for sure had a great time. Also, it was great that the championship weekend was RAIN FREE. I know there will be tweaking for 2021 but a job well done considering the issues with all the help. Here is the link to the scores from trapshooters.com - http://www.shootscoreboard.com/menu.cfm?shootid=904

That is about it for this week and the Grand is just a few weeks away. Have a great week everyone and hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week…….smokem