July 20th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

July 20th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello and good morning to you. Pretty nice weather weekend except for a few popup storms across the state. The only issue was the heat statewide from Bostic to the coast.

The 2020 Southern Zone is in the books and not sure how the overall attendance stacks up but it looked pretty well attended. There were some great scores Zone wide and here is the link to them - http://shootatazone.com/southern/menu.cfm

The Zone shoot ran smoothly and that was in part to all the folks from Buckhorn and Boone scoring, loading traps and all the little things it takes to run a big shoot. Jimmy Wilson will provide me with a list of the names of all the folks that helped. We will try to get it published and soon as we get it.

The South Carolina State Shoot cranks up Wednesday and I have shot in Spartanburg in July. It was a Southern Zone shoot many years ago and it was smoking hot. Looking at the weather it looks like typical summer weather for this time of year. If you have never been to the shoot you need to plan to go. And don’t forget their famous Saturday night fish fry and I hope they still have it this year.

Two shoots this weekend with Rockingham and Boone with shoots. With South Carolina going on it remains to be seen if the NC shoots will be held. I will try to clarify if the shoots will be held as scheduled.

That is about if for now and I hope everyone has a great week and I hope to see some of you in South Carolina. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week……..smokem