June 15th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

June 15th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Greetings and what a wonderful weather weekend. Certainly it would have been nice for the Championship weekend at the NC State Trapshoot. Thanks to the current situation it has been rescheduled to August and at least it has not been canceled.

Shooting is slowly cranking back up in NC and several shoots towards the end of the month. Sad to say even my trip to PA has been cancelled due to COVID and the Konne-Yaut Indians will have to wait until 2021 to reconvene at the West-Penn Gun Club near Delmont PA.

I have been posting pictures from state shoots on Facebook and posted 2004-2008 so far. I have 2009-2018 to post before the shoot cranks up in August. I have very few pix from 2019 considering I was in a hospital bed about 4AM Friday morning. Old AFIB cranked up and Hunter Galloway sat with me while hardy shooters got car washed for the Friday program. You can go to http://www.nctrap.com and look for the link Fred Redmon pictures to access old photos going back to 2004. If you have any issues, please email me at fcr7@yahoo.com – Thanks

Here is a brief excerpt of the info I posted about the 2008 NC State Shoot - 2008 was a banner year with the new clubhouse built it was a relief for many avoiding the NC heat. A spacious front porch with plastic chairs initially but soon to be replaced by donated rockers. The inside provided much needed space for classification, squad assignments and an office for the cashier. Many, many people were involved with the construction of the building and Bob Keever orchestrated most of it. Inside bathrooms were appreciated and a kitchen area to aid the food vendors to feed the hungry shooters. Also, a trophy room to allow trophies to be stored and distributed in a timely manner. This is the year Junior shooter Christopher Shoulars won the singles, Chuck Patterson RU, Greg High won the doubles and Jeri Wilson won the handicap. Man, what a year!

The PA state shoot cranked up and I have yet to take a look at all the activity. I shoot with a lot of PA shooters and I hope some of them are up on the leader board. I have always wanted to go to Elysburg, and this could have been the year. With all the crazy stuff going on nationwide I don’t think travel in some areas is safe.

I hope everyone has a great week and it looks like we will be getting some much-needed rain. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week………smokem