April 27th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

April 27th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning to all and I hope you had a great weekend. A little wet at times over the weekend but I know some folks got out to practice somewhere.

Big news is the NC State Shoot has been postponed and a future date is being discussed. I know local clubs will start shooting sometime but not really sure when.

Big shoots all over the country are postponing or cancelling shoots altogether and it has been a real shock to the shooter’s schedules. Between cancelling hotel reservations and trophy orders this might be a tough year for the sport.

Also, the 2020 Hall of Fame would have ended yesterday and it would have been a cool weekend for the HOF. Jeff Galloway would have been inducted and hopefully the shoot can be held before this time next year.

If you are a Facebook user, I took the time to dig through all my pictures from the NC HOF back to 2004. I did not post all the pictures I took each day, but cherry picked a large group of memory makers. Sadly, there are some folks in the pictures that are no longer with us. You better enjoy life while you can because tomorrow is not promised to you.

I guess you must look on the bright side. Folks are saving money by not traveling and shooting as much. However once shooting cranks back up some events will be shot in much hotter months like July and August. I have heard that the Grand might not be held in August but later in the year.

Regardless of what you have read or heard people are getting sick and experiencing severe complications. With everyone saying close to home and not being out it remains to be seen how that helped. The majority of trapshooters are a little older and might have underlying medical conditions. Got to keep everybody safe in these crazy times.

I hope everyone has a great week and maybe you can get out and practice some. Hello to Lou, Scott, Lewis, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week……smokem