April 20th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

April 20th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

April 20th and I hope you are doing well considering. I done have to tell you about what is happening because everyone is suffering from information overload. I just pray that things get moving back to normal soon.

The calendar is still full of shoots and the Hall Of Fame would have started this Thursday at the NC Homegrounds. Rockingham has moved its May 2nd SCTP Singles Championship to June the 27th upon approval by the NCTA. The shoots for May are still appearing as pending and hopefully folks can register birds in North Carolina. Here is the link - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

I know some folks are getting out to practice a little bit. We have been able to shoot at Rockingham and it has been great except for all the wind. Hunter Galloway is testing out his new eyes after his double cataract surgeries earlier this year. He broke a 100 straight at the 2019 Grand with double cataracts.

Lewis Wyatt is back at home and trying to get his strength back. Please pray for him and pray he didn’t come in contact with the COVID at the hospital. I talked to Steve Morgan last week and he sounds good after months of feeling bad. He told me he had 4 transfusions of blood and that is amazing. It sort of makes me want to get back into donating blood again. I had several bad experiences with donating and decided to give it a rest.

Looking back at 2019 April was full of registered shoots and folks were breaking some great scores. With the Hall of Fame – GA State and SC State right around the corner. It is going to be interesting to see the attendance of shoots when things crank back up. We are sure hoping the NC State shoot will still be held on its original date in June. Hopefully that date will be confirmed by the NCTA shortly.

Ok that is about it for now and I hope everyone has a great week and looking forward to the state being opened back up for business. Hello to Lou, Scott, Lewis, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week………smokem