April 13th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

April 13th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Might be a little soggy this Monday and looks like severe weather wreaked some havoc across the US overnight. The weekend was great both days and just a little cloudy on Sunday. The pollen has been rough for all of the allergy sufferers and maybe this rain will wash some of it away.

I am including the NCTA shoot calendar so you can take a look at future dates and all cancellations. BGC did not show cancelled for the 12th and not sure if they shot or not? I know everyone is looking forward to getting out and registering targets. Here is the link - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

Most NC folks would be looking forward to getting a crack at the NC Homegrounds at the end of this month. With the HOF being cancelled the first time you will get to shoot at the HG will be at the State Shoot. A decision will be made shortly on whether the June date for the state shoot will be kept or moved?

Lewis Wyatt spent Saturday night in the hospital and was back at home on Sunday. He had a procedure done and the doc felt he needed to stay to be sure the meds would help his situation. I spoke with Roger Shaffer Saturday and he was hunkered down on the ridge and staying away from people. He sounded good and is looking forward to get back out and shooting.

Tom Naylor
I read that Shane Naylors father Tom passed away on the 9th and our thoughts and prayers go out to the family. I have posted his obituary information in the finished careers section. Shane wrote a bit about his father and here is the post he made on Facebook.

Tom & Shane

It is with great sadness that I post the passing of my father Tom Naylor. Known as “Pops” he was a great friend to everyone he met including me! He taught me everything…Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, Carpentry, Woodworking, Welding, laying Tile, working on cars, driving anything, how to back trailer, pipe threading, sweating copper and the list goes on! He was an unbelievable father and one of my best friends. If I can be half the father he was to me to my 2 boys, I will consider myself successful. Miss you Pops!
(Photo from 1998 World Flyer Championship in Guadalajara Mexico. Pops missed his last bird for a 24/25. His gun doubled!)

Ok that is about it for this week and I hope everybody has a great week. I know everybody wants to get back to some type of normal really soon. Hello to Lou, Scott, Lewis, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week…………smokem