February 24th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

February 24th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello and what a nice weekend wouldn’t you agree? Snow on Thursday and the 60’s on Sunday is not normal. Folks were out practicing for the Southern Grand and some just getting lead in the air. There was registered shooting over the weekend at LCP and BGC. Thanks to Dan Birthday Boy Johnson for posting the shoot report.

Here are the links for the NCTA calendars for the typical registered shoot and for the BIG50’s. NCTA shoot link - http://www.nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf - BIG50 link - http://www.nctrap.com/nc_big50.pdf

Wayne Jr. – Wayne Sr. – William – Joe Hollowell

This is a picture of Joe at the Coharie Gun Club after his 2000 NC State Shoot in Durham. Photo supplied by Wayne Sr.

I took a trip to Rockingham Saturday and ran into the 2000 NC State Sub-Jr Champ Joe Hollowell. His brother Wayne Jr. is a lawyer in the Eden area and a member or RCGC. His dad Wayne Sr. is a member of the Old Hickory Gun Club in Rocky Mount. Joe shot at the Coharie Club in Clinton and shot with Larry High, Sherwood Jenkins and Charlie Brown. He mentioned Steve Edwards and Mac Herring from CSL. Joe told me that at the VA State Shoot Charlie won the Open Singles Champion and gave Joe the leather bag he won. That is certainly a memory for sure. Joe shot for a couple of years and school and college took over from there. He basically quit shooting the year before I started shooting in 2001. It was great to see him and meet him and the family. When you look at the NC State winners over the years you must ask where and what are some of those folks doing today. We know some have passed away but for those still living I wonder if they miss the sport.

That is about it for this week and I hear that we might have another chance for weather in early March and only time will tell. Have a great week everybody and hello to Lou, Scott, Lewis, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week………..smokem