February 17th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

February 17th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and Monday is here. Ok weekend and at least it wasn’t raining cats and dogs. Some folks got out to practice and I hope they had a good time. Not a ton of stuff going on but there is shooting in NC this week.

Low Country will not shoot this Wednesday the 19th due to flooding from recent rains. They hope to hold their monthly shoot the 22nd and this shoot is not listed on the NCTA calendar. BGC shoots this Sunday so get out and have some fun.

Former ATA president Ken Duncan received an award last week. He was honored with the Wright Brothers Master Pilot Award. It was presented by Tim Haley from the FAA. Ken had over 50 years of aviation experience and this is quite an accomplishment. The award was established in 2003 to honor pilots that maintained safe flight operations for more than 50 years.

I have been organizing pictures and trying really hard to create a hard drive to pass on to the next generation to keep so some of the picture history of trapshooting in NC won’t be lost. I have been taking pictures since 2004 and have captured some amazing memories over the years. I will be posting some of them here on this site and some on the Facebook page.

Here are the links for the NCTA calendars for the typical registered shoot and for the BIG50’s. Here are the links to the NCTA calendars. NCTA shoot link - http://www.nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf - BIG50 link - http://www.nctrap.com/nc_big50.pdf

Don’t for get the NC Homegrounds is looking for donations for 2 new trapfields on the West end. As big as the Dixie Grand is getting the new fields will certainly speed up the events finishing. If you need more information, please contact Marty Hill or Jimmy Wilson for more info.

That is it and I hope you have a great start to the week. Not sure we will get any real winter weather and the NC mountains are way behind in annual snowfall. They have the temps to make snow and you wont freeze skiing. Hello to Lou, Scott, Lewis, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week…….smokem