October 6th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

October 6th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and I hope you had a great week. A little change in the weather over the weekend and it sure was nice in the mountains. Several BIG50 shoots this week and a 300-target program Saturday. Here is the link to the NCTA calendar - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

Unless you live under a rock the big news is the Dixie Grand at the Homegrounds. I got there Thursday and from what I can here everybody had a great time. We had first time shooters at the Homegrounds and that is a good thing.

It takes a ton of planning and preparation to host and event like this and what a task. Hats off to Marty Hill and the NCTA and Jimmy Wilson and the HOF. Everything went smooth and 376 shooters stepped to the line for the 200 singles on Saturday. Yes, that is a record I believe for the HG and they got it done.

Kaye Ohye won the Championship doubles on Friday with a 99. Michigan Junior shooter Skylar Clark won the Championship singles with a 200 and a 25 straight in the shootoff. Virginia shooter Cassie Hammond broke the lone 96 to win the Handicap Championship on Sunday. Noah Gouge won the HAA with a 391 and the HOA with a 969.

I will be posting pictures as soon as I get them uploaded to photobucket and I got a few good shots. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoy the cooler weather. Hello to Lou, Scott, Lewis, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week smokem…