September 30th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

September 30th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello to all and what a great weekend. We had a storm roll through here Friday night that dumped 4 inches of rain in a small amount of time. One of our neighbors had lightning run in on his house and started a fire in his gas fireplace. I said all that to say this and that is the weather looks great and dry for the Dixie Grand.

The Dixie Grand cranks up Tuesday at the North Carolina Homegrounds and from the looks of Pre-Squad and bunch of folks will be there. It looked like 60 plus squads for singles Saturday and that doesn’t include the folks that did not Pre-Squad. Friday through Sunday the temps will be great but looks like partly cloudy.

From what I can tell there will be gun vendors there, gunsmiths, ear plug vendors and some others. The Dixie is growing in popularity and even Ray Stafford will be here this year among other well-known shooters. Back in the day the Dixie was shot in January in Florida at the Silver Dollar. Since it moved, I believe it has been a true success in the NC mountains.

Big shout out to Lewis Wyatt and his mother that turned 100 years old. She looks great for her advanced age and we wish her many more. Lewis is doing well and getting better and hopes to get out shooting very soon.

That is about it for this week and I hope to see some of you at the Homegrounds. Hello to Lou, Scott, Lewis, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week……..smokem