September 2nd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

September 2nd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

I hope everyone is enjoying this Labor Day holiday. Great weather weekend in North Carolina even though Dorian is creeping slowly to the mainland. Our prayers go out for all our relatives and trapshooting friends in the path of this huge storm.

Thanks to all for posting shoot reports and it includes Durham County and the first two days of Buckhorns Buckalooza Labor Day shoot weekend. Folks are shooting great and getting ready for the Dixie in a just a few weeks.

Sad news to report and that is Keith Heeg passed away suddenly. He was married to Terri Heeg and she is the editor of the ATA Trap & Field magazine. Keith was a great shooter and traveled the circuit working on stocks. One of the nicest men you would ever meet, and he will be sorely missed by the trapshooting community. Also, John Waters reported that Fred Callahan was in Mercy Hospital in Morganton. He had a medical procedure so please remember him in your prayers.

The Dixie is about a month away and pre-squad is open for the event. Communication is essential at any shoot and the NC Homegrounds is working on providing info via TV and FM. This will allow folks to view scores and also see which squads are shooting on their TV’s in their campers and motorhomes. FM would allow you to listen to any announcements or calls to the line in case you missed the start of your squad. The PA system will also be utilized but this will allow for info to be passed on more efficiently. A 20’ tower will be erected between the scoring shelter and the clubhouse. Terry Roush is the ringleader in getting the tower, baseplate, antenna and transmitters all installed.

As many of you know I had a little medical issue at the NC State Shoot in June. I finally got out to shoot Sunday and shot 6 rounds that included singles, caps and doubles. Just wanting to be sure the Kolar was working after Kolar serviced it in Sparta. It was great to get out and smell that Green Dot load. I have plans to shoot at the Dixie and hope to stick around for the entire event this time….

Have a great Labor Day Holiday and week and pray that Dorian is downgraded soon. Hello to Lou, Scott, Lewis, Ronnie, Cowboy and Anne and until next week……smokem