June 3rd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

June 3rd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Greetings and I hope you had a great weekend. June is here and you know what that means don’t you? Unless you are living under a rock the NC State Shoot starts Wednesday and the weather is looking better.

All that plotting and planning and practicing will all come together at the North Carolina Homegrounds. The NC folks will be there, but we will see new faces from around the country getting a look at this premier shooting facility.

The NCTA and NCHOF work very well together and the shoot just gets better and better. If everybody shows up on time to shoot it normally runs smoothly. I believe the wave will be utilized similar to South Carolina and up you will shoot all 100 on a field.

That requires you to take your second box to the line and as soon as you finish your 1st 25 you reload and continue to pounding. You can get a break between box 2 and 3 and you take a box to the line for your 4th 25….. That is what I think they are doing anyway…..

The shooter appreciation dinner will be Friday night so as not to delay the annual meeting of the NCTA on Saturday afternoon. Several years ago, it was 9 o’clock when the meeting was held and that was a long night.

Bob Schultz reported on Facebook that his wife Jan had good news about her condition, and everyone is very happy about that. Your prayers are appreciated and maybe she will make and appearance at the NC State Shoot.

Dianne Bolling will be cashiering the shoot this year and that means we will be blessed with the presence of Colonel Bolling. He is the guy that wears the hat and the long-sleeved shirt and the long precisely pressed pants and those suspenders not to mention the moustache. Don’t be afraid to say hello because he is a delight to talk to….

That is about it and I hope to see some of you at the shoot. Yes, I will be taking pictures and please don’t be offended if I take your picture. I try to capture the fun of the sport and every squad picture I take might be the last time those 5 guys or gals ever shoot together….

Hello to Lou, Scott, Lewis, Ronnie, Cowboy and ever lovely Anne until next week……………………smokem