April 29th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

April 29th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and the North Carolina HOF is in the books. No shoots in NC this week and the Georgia State Shoot cranks up this week/end. The weather cooperated except for a wind event Friday. Here is the NCTA shoot calendar - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

Big 4 days at the NC Homegrounds and a BIG thanks to the HOF and NCTA board for hosting a great event. Some folks had been on the grounds 10 days and maybe more getting things ready for the shoot. Also, food prepared by Fat Tracey and the Old Hickory Gun Club was great.

All facets of the shoot from classification to trophy distribution went without a hitch and I know folks are preparing to return for the NC State Shoot in June. All we could hope is that the weather will be great all 5 days.

Major winners were Dennis Taylor with a 196 in singles, Preston Lunn 97 in doubles, David Barron (96) in handicap and Jon Miller with 383 for HAA. Preston Lunn won the open HAA with a 383 also. Here is the link to the scores for the event. http://www.shootscoreboard.com/menu.cfm?shootid=754

Great to see everybody at the shoot and ran into Ralph Ledford and NC House Of Representative 109th District Dana Bumgardner. Both Ralph and Dana shot back in the day and came up to take a look at the Homegrounds and see a few friends. Dana is planning to get back to shooting again and it was great to see both of them.

I got to talk a little bit with Tim Crabtree and his wife, and she would not let me take a picture of her. I said I knew a person named Mary Johnson that also was prone to not wanting her picture taken either. Tim mentioned that he was a weekly reader of the smoke report and we appreciate his interest…..Thanks Tim

I will be uploading the pictures from the weekend and will get them up sometime this week. I also have some good videos of some great shooting. I would like to say hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Lewis and Anne and until next week…………………………smokem