February 18th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

February 18th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Chilly cool and windy weekend here in the Tarheel State this weekend. Some folks got out to play and others dreamed of warmer and drier weather. Thanks to Dan Johnson the BGC shoot report is posted for your viewing pleasure.

Please continue to pray for Jan Schultz, Lewis Wyatt, Carolyn Keever, Bob Goodman and Noah Gouges uncle Butch Barker. Noah shaved his head to honor his uncle losing his hair while undergoing treatment.

The NCTA shoot calendar is filling up and LCP will end up the month with a shoot this Wednesday and Saturday. David Barron has been ruling the roost at LCP and can anyone knock him off his perch. He broke 50 straight at Buccaneer last week and is talking smack already….Here is the calendar link - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

If you haven’t made reservations for the 2019 season at the NC Homegrounds listen up. The Holiday Inn Express is closed for renovation and the word is it will be ready by April plus or minus. The same folks that own the Hampton own the HIX and they are getting it ready for all the folks coming to Bostic to shoot. Of course, the horse complex in Tryon brings a lot of folks also. You think it costs a lot to shoot how about owning, feeding, transporting and showing a horse much less wearing those tight riding pants and carrying a whip.

FB has a interesting way of reminding you of moments you posted on FB. Elmo Matkins passed away on February 17th, 2011 and his picture appeared with him shooting at the Grand in Vandalia Ohio. Being around trap as long as I have it is tough watching folks move onto the other side.

2018 NC State Singles Champ Buddy Jenson will be working out of state for the next two months up North. Not sure if he is hauling his gun but I would imagine he will find a place to shoot somewhere up there. Hopefully he will send us some pix of clubs he visits and that would be great.

The Spring Grand is underway, and I noticed a few folks out there including Dan Jones from Alabama and J1 Jerry Osborne from Georgia. Jerry accepted a scholarship to Alabama and will shoot for their team in 2019 and I guess Roll Tide is in order. Here is the link to the Spring Grand Scoreboard - http://shootscoreboard.com/menu.cfm?shootid=730

That is about it for this week and I hope this week of rain goes away real soon. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie and Anne and until next week…………………….smokem