November 5th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

November 5th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning from Jamestown North Carolina and what a beautiful weekend. Leaves are really turning locally and maybe someone could send me some pictures from the mountains. Several shoots over the weekend and Toys for Tots is this Sunday the 11th. Here is the link to the NCTA calendar - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

NCTA Prez Marty Hill posted the 2019 dates for the Hall Of Fame - State Shoot - Southern Zone and Dixie Grand. Here is the link to his post. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2519

Randy & Will

Randy “Boone” Jones slid off the mountain amidst snow flurries and joined us for a little shooting Saturday. He was of course sporting his jean shorts and t-shirt. Will Price tagged along, and his wife Sherry underwent extensive surgery and we are praying her recovery is speedy. Morg Shaw posted a few pix on Facebook of the snow in the higher elevations.

Pat Childers informed me that Larry Dudley’s wife Nancy passed and please remember his family in your prayers. I never met Nancy but have always enjoyed talking to Larry at the NC Homegrounds.

I got a call from Spence Dowdy Sunday and he has about 30 of his dad’s trap guns that he is wanting to find homes for. I will be publishing the list on the website very soon. His father Cliff Dowdy shot for many years until his passing. Cliff always carried at least two guns to the line for all events.

The Autumn Grand is underway, and some great scores are being broken in Tucson. Here is the link to all the scores so far - http://shootscoreboard.com/menu.cfm?shootid=725. Jerry Osborne from Georgia is out there, and Roger Peterson from Ohio broke the lone 100 is doubles Sunday morning. He attended the Dixie Grand and really enjoys shooting in North Carolina.

That is about it for this week and I hope everybody gets out to enjoy the leaves. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott, Cousin Ronnie and Anne and until next week…………………Smokem