October 29th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

October 29th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

November is almost here and then the holiday season begins. It is that time of year again and my favorite time of year. Two shoot reports and pictures are posted and several shoots coming up this weekend and here is the NCTA calendar - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

Sad news for the shooting community and we are sad to announce that Richard Colley passed away and was buried on Wednesday the 24th. I had no idea he was in the hospital and was shocked when Tim Dean notified me on messenger. Our prayers are with the family at this time. Here is the link to the obit info - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2512

Pat Childers sent info out about Low Country Preserve and it looks like they are back in the BIG50 business. They were organizing a work party to get the pads cleaned off and were hunting for the scorer’s chair that floated away. Hopefully we will get some pictures from the club.

The Wing Fling at Watauga was Saturday and the weather was Boonish so to speak. Cool and overcast and perfect for the Wing Fling. The scores weren’t the highest, but everybody had a great time. Tom Shelley laid it on Tom Pitts in the singles and caps and the only thing that stopped the beating was they had to cook and didn’t shoot the doubles. Morg sent a bunch of pictures and you can find them here - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2513

Hats off to NCTA Prez Marty “Ironman” Hill running the shoot at Old Hickory @ Rocky Mount. Marty couldn’t drive due to doctors’ orders (hernia surgery) and Greg High got him to the club on time. Targets were sporty with an 81 winning the handicap event. Marty mentioned that OH&RM will host two registered events in 2019.

Please remember the folks on the prayer list and if you know of anyone under the weather please email me at freddydacrusher@hotmail.com and I appreciate it……That is about it and I hope everyone has a great week. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott, Cousin Ronnie and Anne and until next week…………..smokem